Monday, January 19, 2009

When I go forwards you go backwards and somewhere we will meet

This wasn't a 'based-on-a-true-story' reading. I'm just imagining, when I feel it so hard to open my physics textbook.

Really, just a freak imagination.

So anyone who knows me, don't try to recall which or what event it is. It's a mixture, of reality, fantasy, and jokes.

Yeah, maybe actually it's just a joke. But I find it quite interesting, smart joke. Hehe.

Just go on and read. It's very straightforward. I'm not a metaphor-expert like Thom Yorke, Hyde, or someone else you know who's good at it.

And no, no particular rules for poems I obey. It's not a poem. Just a joke. A not-funny joke, arranged like a poem.

But I'm A Coward Too

You rely on me everything
Bringing loads of fictional-dreamy books from the library
Writing notes on your book when you don't want to
Waiting for you outside the legendary haunted school bathroom
Kicking badass kids who wait for you after school, on strategic meeting points
Reporting to your momma about the headmistress's letter

I know why you want me to help you on those cases
Maybe you see my eyeglasses will go with stacks of books
Maybe you see my nice handwriting will match perfectly on your notebook
Maybe you see my giant body will scare the bathroom ghosts
Maybe you think my serious tone will assure your mom the happening wasn't all your fault

But do you recognize that I've been terrorized with all I've done for you?
Wait till you see how teachers look at me
They think my brain's full of fantasizing fairies more than physics formula
When actually I fell asleep on my desk that night

I'm afraid of any more bad scores of you
Yes, not me, but you
Because you don't know how writing-your-own-notes helps you to do tests
And you have no idea how easy it is to memorize your own scratch 

And another thing you don't know, my knees are shaking too
I'm not scared by ghost stories, but still I don't feel it okay to meet them
Your mom?
She is quite a monster, more than everyone in my family

Hey, really, I wanted to do all of that
I'm happy to be useful, as your only friend
If that's what a friend means to you
But do you know that I'm a coward too?

The last thing you should know
I think those spoiled little brats know that my outside doesn't match my inside
So within a week or two
You must find another private bodyguard just to get home safely.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home